Centre for Innovative Medical Technology
Centre for Innovative Medical Technology (CIMT) is a research and innovation centre bridging Odense University Hospital (OUH) and the University of Southern Denmark (SDU).
CIMT strengthens and elevates the field of medical technologies through innovation, research, and assessments. This work includes apps, camera pills, patient reported outcomes, robots, video consultations, drones etc.
CIMT unites hospital and university to ensure cooperation, coherence and knowledge sharing between researchers from the university and doctors, nurses and others in close contact with the patients. The process always starts with the patient and the patient’s need.
Fields in CIMT
Centre for Innovative Medical Technology works in the following areas across hospital and university:
- Develop, test, evaluate and implement innovative technologies at OUH
- Organise and complete research projects on innovative technologies
- Ensure necessary documentation for decisions on investment in innovative medical technologies by use of Health Technology Assessment (HTA)
- Organise and complete international projects
- Represent OUH, SDU and the Region of Southern Denmark in relevant national and international networks, associations and activities
- Be part of the development and preparation for the new superhospital New OUH
Centre for Innovative Medical Technology (CIMT) is OUH Innovation and the unit for Health Technology Assessment (HTA) at Odense University Hospital (OUH). From the University of Southern Denmark (SDU) CIMT is researchers from the Faculty of Health Sciences, the Faculty of Engineering and the Faculty of Business and Social Sciences. The clinical wards at OUH participate in all CIMT-projects.
CIMT is rooted in the innovation unit at OUH, because it is the hospital – in the form of staff, patients and relatives – that defines what areas and needs we create new solutions and work flows for. Likewise, the hospital is the primary user of the results from the research and innovation processes.
Head of Innovation at OUH Tessa Lind Gjødesen is the manager of CIMT.